This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy. The data controller is Alicante Holiday Villas Limited.
This website is owned and operated by Alicante Holiday Villas Limited, 1 Union Street, Fareham PO16 7XX, England. We take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all EU laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, phone number, email account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone and email details, you consent to Alicante Holiday Villas Limited contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at www.alicanteholidayvillas.com/contact-us
Alicante Holiday Villas Limited collects information in two possible ways:
a. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you make an enquiry, make a booking, request a service or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing various forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
b. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone or other mobile device.
When making an enquiry or using our Contact Us form we ask for your email address so we can correspond with you. If you opt-in to our email marketing list your email address is added to our database. If you choose not to opt-in your email address is not kept. You can voluntarily supply us with additional information such as your address and telephone number.
When making a booking with us we collect your name, the names of other people in your party, your address, telephone number, email address and passport number.
Your personal information is encrypted and is securely stored on servers located in the United States of America with Microsoft, Carbonite and Wufoo.
Alicante Holiday Villas Limited will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your booking is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide any services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only. If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements (for example HMRC, VAT), resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after your booking has finished or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Alicante Holiday Villas Limited will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third party, gathered as a result of filling out a form or forms on this website. We may pass some personally identifiable information to third parties only for the sole purpose of completing your booking or fulfilling a service.
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself. With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
• You can verify the details you have submitted to Alicante Holiday Villas Limited by contacting our team www.alicanteholidayvillas.com/contact-us Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
• You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Alicante Holiday Villas Limited regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your booking has finished.
• We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
• You are free to update us on your details at any point by contacting our team www.alicanteholidayvillas.com/contact-us
• All the forms on this website have an ‘opt-in’ facility if you wish to be added to our email marketing list. You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by replying with the word ‘Unsubscribe’ in the subject line. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any marketing emails from us.
• You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us www.alicanteholidayvillas.com/contact-us. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us using the contact details on our Contact Us page.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Registered with the Information Commissioner's Office. Registration number ZA808705